Our Supervising Attorney salary scale starts at $67,000 for those that meet the minimum qualifications, and increases with each year of relevant experience.
Application instructions :
Prairie State Legal Services, Inc. is seeking a Supervising Attorney to join our team in the Waukegan office which serves Lake county. Supervising Attorneys at PSLS are responsible for assisting the Managing Attorney in the delivery of high quality legal services out of the local office. This role has two primary responsibilities: (1) day to day mentoring of assigned staff; and (2) case review and monitoring of assigned staff’s legal work from initial client interview through reviewing the closed file. Some administrative tasks for the office may also be assigned.
Prairie State focuses services on legal problems that impact the ability of our clients to meet their basic human needs, including physical safety, access to healthcare, adequate housing, and financial stability. We provide a wide-range of legal services to some of the most vulnerable members of our communities, including low-income individuals, older adults, veterans, and people with disabilities. Prairie State is the only legal aid organization in the majority of our area and we pride ourselves on providing high quality legal services to our clients while fostering a work environment that is motivating, collaborative, and rewarding, with plenty of opportunities for professional growth.
• Currently admitted to the practice of law in the State of Illinois
• A member in good standing of any state bar for at least two years
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral/written communication, research skills, and computer competency
• Organizational and case management skills
• Ability to work effectively as a team member and leader
• The ideal candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to serving disadvantaged populations and we will give preference to candidates who have knowledge of poverty law and experience providing services to low-income individuals.
Salary and Benefits
The Supervising Attorney position is a full-time position at 37.5 hours per week. PSLS salary offers are commensurate on experience and competitive and with similar organizations. Our Supervising Attorney salary scale starts at $67,000 for those that meet the minimum qualifications, and increases with each year of relevant experience. PSLS is committed to providing an excellent, comprehensive benefits package to its full-time employees that includes:
• Health insurance, including the opportunity to qualify for a wellness credit
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• 403b Retirement Plan including employer contributions
• Extensive training and education program
• Flex schedule and partial remote work
• PTO that starts at 3 weeks/year and increases with additional years at PSLS
• Paid sick leave
• 6 weeks of paid parental leave after one year of employment
• 12 Paid holidays
Please see the attached job description for full details, including how to apply.