$50,000 – $60,000
Application instructions :
The James B. Moran Center for Youth Advocacy’s (“Moran Center”) Mental Health Professional intervenes with clients at a point of legal crisis in an attempt to help improve the overall functioning of the youth and their families within multiple life domains, including home, school, and the community. Mental Health Professionals report to the Director of Social Work Services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide direct therapeutic counseling, case management, and crisis management to identified clients, including maintenance of clients’ confidential mental health records;
• Track client progress in LegalServer and provide outcomes to the Director of Social Work Services, upon request;
• Draft mitigation reports for both juvenile delinquency and adult criminal proceedings;
• Support youth referred through the City of Evanston’s Juvenile Administrative Hearings and through the Skokie Courthouse Juvenile Diversion Program for counseling and other supportive services;
• Participate in monthly program staff meetings to coordinate professional services and report out on client progress;
• Attend one-on-one and group supervision sessions;
• Participate in professional development opportunities, when available;
• Supervise mental health professional interns; and
• Represent the Moran Center within the community, as needed.
Requires a Master’s Level mental health degree; licensed practitioner preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Skill in decision-making in adversarial circumstances;
• Outstanding communications skills, written and oral;
• Ability to multitask while maintaining vigilant attention to detail;
• Demonstrated commitment to social justice;
• Understanding of and commitment to the Moran Center’s work and mission;
• Comfort with ambiguity and a good sense of humor; and
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and interactive office.
• $50,000 – $60,000 annualized salary based on experience;
• Benefits for the full-time position include healthcare, flexible spending account for qualified expenditures, including healthcare and childcare, retirement savings plan, and generous paid leave (vacation, sick, and holidays); and
• Supportive, team-based environment and commitment to ongoing professional development.
The Moran Center will continue accepting applications for the position until filled.
Please email your resume to Shirley Sierra at email@example.com