Application instructions :
Land of Lincoln Legal Aid seeks a motivated individual to join our team as a Full-Time Legal Assistant for its Central Regional Office located in East St. Louis, Illinois. The Legal Assistant will assist with our front desk operations.
Land of Lincoln Legal Aid provides free civil legal services to low-income individuals in 65 counties in Illinois. We are committed to providing justice for those whose voices might otherwise not be heard; to empower individuals to advocate for themselves; and to make positive changes in the communities we serve.
• Answer phones, direct calls, and perform receptionist responsibilities
• Communicate with clients, attorneys, and other office visitors
• Perform intake for applicants, which includes data entry in case management system
• Type legal documents and correspondence
• E-file legal documents and process incoming and outgoing mail
• Other duties as assigned
• Legal experience strongly preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively in a pleasant and professional manner
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and comfortable with
• Excellent verbal, analytical, writing, and organization skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to accurately type and edit one’s work
• Highly motivated with desire to work in fast-paced environment
• Commitment to social and racial justice
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work with people of diverse social, economic, and racial/ethnic backgrounds
$44,000+ dependent on experience. Excellent insurance, retirement, and PTO benefits. Land of Lincoln is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and is an eligible employer for the federal public service loan forgiveness program.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: Megan Kinney, Managing Attorney at: email@example.com
Land of Lincoln is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, LBGTQIA+, and gender non- conforming applicants.