Application instructions :
Land of Lincoln Legal Aid seeks a motivated individual to join our team as a Full-Time Legal Assistant for its Western Regional Office located in Alton, Illinois. Our staff work with community organizations, social service agencies, and faith-based groups to deliver holistic legal services. This person will work with community-based attorneys to address civil legal needs of residents in Adams, Bond, Brown, Calhoun, Greene, Hancock, Jersey, Macoupin, Madison, Montgomery, Pike, and Schuyler Counties.
Land of Lincoln Legal Aid provides free civil legal services to low-income individuals in 65 counties in Illinois. We are committed to providing justice for those whose voices might otherwise not be heard; to empower individuals to advocate for themselves; and to make positive changes in the communities
• Answer phones, direct calls, and perform receptionist responsibilities
• Communicate with clients, attorneys, and others
• Perform intake for applicants, which includes data entry in case management system
• Type legal documents and correspondence
• E-file legal documents and handle mail
• Other duties as assigned
• Legal Assistant experience strongly preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively in a pleasant and professional manner
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and comfortable with technology
• Excellent verbal, analytical, writing, and organization skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to accurately type and edit one’s work
• Highly motivated with desire to work in fast-paced environment
• Commitment to social and racial justice
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work with people of diverse social, economic, and racial/ethnic backgrounds
$44,000+ dependent on experience. Excellent insurance, retirement, and PTO benefits. Land of Lincoln is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and is an eligible employer for
the federal public service loan forgiveness program.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: Chelsea Hubbard, Managing Attorney at email@example.com
Land of Lincoln is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, LBGTQIA+, and gender non- conforming applicants.