$55,000-$60,0000 per year
Application instructions :
About Law Center for Better Housing (LCBH)
LCBH provides free legal and supportive services that increase housing stability for lower-income renters, advocating for the rights of all renters until everyone in Chicago has a safe, decent, and affordable place to call home. For more than 40 years LCBH has served Chicago renters living in private rental housing who are facing unjust evictions or living in substandard housing. Recognizing that eviction is a matter of racial equity, we bring diverse voices and perspectives to our work and deliver justice in eviction court.
The Grants Finance Manager will perform administrative functions related to the effective management of LCBH’s government contracts and support the day-to-day operations of LCBH’s office. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, completing vouchers to public funders, ensuring that all financial reports are submitted on time and accurately, preparing grant and program budgets, creating financial reports, optimizing LCBH’s financial management software (Quickbooks), providing administrative/clerical support to the Executive Director and Operations Director.
Specific Duties and Accountabilities
Government Contracts Administration
· Track grant payments and financial report deadlines;
– Submit payment request vouchers to LCBH government funders;
· Work with Program Directors to create program budgets;
· Support the Operations Director with preparing annual agency and program budgets;
· Assist with the preparation of financial reports for LCBH’s Board of Directors and Finance Committee;
– Complete grant agreements for all approved government grant requests;
– Maintain electronic and paper files of all government grant documents;
– Provide support for requests from the Grants and Stewardship Manager for both grant applications and regular reporting.
– Enhance, streamline, and improve LCBH’s contracts management processes, and increase efficiency in the use of staff time to manage government grant application and fiscal reporting and vouchering;
– Annually update registration in System of Award Management (SAM) to manage federal grant funds awarded and related registrations for city and state grant funds;
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education
· Advanced computer and office skills required, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Experience using Quickbooks preferred; familiarity with government contracts management strongly preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years grants accounting experience or equivalent preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Other Skills and Abilities
Strong documentation skills and close attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work without supervision in a small office environment. Ability to take initiative and complete project assignments independently and on time. Ability to multi-task and manage time well. Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We strongly encourage applications from people of color, immigrants, women, older people, persons living with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with lived experience of poverty and/or racism, and people from underrepresented and historically marginalized groups.
Remote Work During COVID-19 Pandemic
LCBH currently allows staff to work remotely, in the office, or on a hybrid work schedule. Currently, the court is generally only scheduling remote Zoom hearings. LCBH will provide laptops for staff.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range is $55,000 to $60,000. LCBH offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental/vision, 401k retirement plan, and other pre-tax benefits.
To apply please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Grants Finance Manager” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.